Saturday, January 21, 2006

Stop it! Make it stop!

Ok...more of the same...this is really self-indulgent...I'm getting back to my book, but apparently, I couldn't resist...

1. Name three things you can't live without:
Love, brains, energy

2. If you could hang out for a night with any fictional character, who would it be?
Students and teachers at Hogwarts.

3. As a kid, what did you want to be when you grow up?
A writer, an attorney, an artist, an interior designer (until my Dad said it wasn’t a socially redeemable profession).

4. Right now what do you want to be when you grow up?
A professor. I love what I do, now, but in the end, I want to help guide/select new librarians.

5. What song always makes you cry?
Songs don’t make me cry.

6. What's the best advice you've ever been given?
a. Have a beer and leave it to Jesus (this works best if you have a slight Texan accent).
b. Go to library school—at least you’ll be able to get a job.
c. If you get flipped out of your craft in the middle of the rapids, just go limp—don’t fight it…just let the current take you. If you fight it, you’ll die; if you go with it, you’ll just get spit out down-river.

7. Are you a good liar?
Used to be. It hurts too much.

8. What still surprises you about your life?
That apparently, I’m really sheltered. And people feel the need to shelter me. I think I’m super-tough. Everyone who loves me knows otherwise.

9. What quality can make you instantly connect to someone?
A mixture of intelligence, cockiness, and the ability to not take yourself too seriously.

10. What turns you off right away?
A skewed arrogance to excellence ratio.

11. What's really difficult for you?
Shooting a left-handed jump-shot.

12. What do you wish you'd done differently?
I’d like to say “cared which school I went to for undergraduate work,” but really, it’s nothing. Everything I did wrong pointed me in the direction I’m in now. How can I regret that?

13. Desert island picks?
Is there a limit to who I get to bring and how many times the ship from the mainland brings us supplies?

14. Favorite spot at home?
Our bed. It’s so yummy.

15. What emotion motivates too many of your actions?
Competitiveness. Is that an emotion?

16. Favorite kind of extreme weather?
Really strong thunderstorms.

17. Do you have any recurring dreams?
Many. One where I realize I never attended a class for which I was enrolled, and now it’s time for finals. Another where I realize I’m in my great-grandma’s house, and she’s telling me nursery rhymes in Czech. Many others that can’t be detailed here.

18. Psychic or shrink?
Neither can be trusted.

19. Vintage or modern?
Vintage purses; modern skincare.

20. Do you ever scream?
Absolutely.

21. What are you most afraid of?
Regret (didn’t I already answer this?)

1 Comments:

Blogger David Lee King said...

How funny - on dreams: I don't know how many times I've dreamed that I'm sitting in my dorm room at my desk on the last day of school. I glance at the neatly-stacked row of textbooks, and see my math book... and realize I never attended class! AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! All the funnier to me, since I neer studied in my dorm room, and would never have had a neat row of books.

5:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home