Monday, January 02, 2006

Want a good launch for 2006? Read Moby-Dick with me!

Yeah, yeah, maybe I can't convince any of you to stand on a dock in New Bedford reading M-D in March (slackers), but maybe I can convince you to read M-D with me over the next few months? I'm not planning to act as discussion leader...it's more of a joint venture, and whoever wants to set sail as a shipmate is in....Here are my questions: should we meet weekly or monthly as we all read/re-read the book? Should we have our online discussions via OPAL? Should we post discussions via a blog? Or (gasp) meet in person? (I'll admit I'm leaning toward an online experience...but maybe a beginning and ending face-to-face meeting would be cool)....

Come on...you know you wanna play...

4 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Sime said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:08 AM  
Blogger whitneydt said...

Do Cliffs Notes count? I've managed to dodge the white whale twice--once as an undergrad and once in my one-and-only-MA-in-English-before-ditching-it-for-library-school class. Take it on voluntarily? I don't know...

9:24 AM  
Blogger Tricia said...

Bring it.
Can I wear my boots?
Can we push it out through the clone?
Can I share my whale eating experience?
Will there be any interpertive dance opportunity associated with this club?

12:00 PM  
Blogger scott said...

There's a 'great white whale' swimming pool slide near our house. Can we re-enact the book using the plastic whale? I think it'll be a good opportunity for public property damage. Also, I think I'm in. I need to find a cheap copy of the book.

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home