Monday, November 07, 2005

Moby-Dick, PRI, and PLA preconference reading on the dock

Ok, ok, I've only been half-joking about a Moby-Dick reading on the pier in New Bedford as our own unofficial preconference to PLA, but I'm not joking anymore. Tonight's PRI's show on artists inspired by Moby-Dick has cemented this for me. To top it off, the show began and ended with my mentor to end all mentors, the wonderful person who showed me what passion about Emerson, Whitman, and (of course) Melville really looked, felt, tasted, smelled, and sounded like, and who, oddly enough, told me to go to library school, Beth Schultz.

Even if we don't read it cover to cover, I WILL be at New Bedford on Tuesday, March 21, 2006. If you're in, let me know.

1 Comments:

Blogger RefLibrarian said...

Hi Erica . . . I love this blog! And, I heard the PRI broadcast on Moby-Dick last night on the way home from work. It was wonderful reading your post and great that you mentioned your mentor.

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home