Thursday, March 10, 2005

Bloug on UX--if you're serious, you'll get a team

From Louis Rosenfeld's Bloug: "The obvious implication of Tom's and similar UX illustrations is that one person can't be expected to demonstrate expertise in all these areas; organizations need to invest in multi-disciplinary *teams* if they're serious about UX." I couldn't agree more, although I admit it's a hard pill to swallow.

This is why I have to fight the urge to try to take over the tech side of my Web world. It's hard to have to depend on others to take care of the databases, servers, and back end of my Web, when I'm not getting what I want, and I really, really want my hands on it. I want to play. But the truth is, I don't want to be a programmer, and even if I did, I would suck at it. The model we have set up--with specific FTE dedicated to content creation, development, and repackaging and other specific FTE dedicated to programming is the way to go. It's just oh, so frusterating when I want to get my hands on my code. ; )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home