Sunday, October 15, 2006

Happy Mid-October!

I love October...it's always exhilarating, and so far it has been an exciting month.

We have started work on KC Science, INC a new grant-funded science appreciation project, the contract has been signed on our new, took-almost-three-years-for-the-stars-to-align CMS, we had our library foundation's Rare Conversations--a gala fundraising event featuring local author salons, and I got to meet a few authors new to me as well as those I've admired for some time, I got a head start on my holiday shopping, I've been invited to be at a CNN town hall meeting with Lou Dobbs, we're launching our new local history Web site with a big shindig with local dignitaries on Oct. 19, I'm hosting/presenting our final librarian's continuing ed OPAL series this Friday with a program on Grantwriting (my own monomania), I'll be at Monterey for Internet Librarian on the 22nd, and on top of it all I turn 35. Go Libras!

But you know, I'm not the only one turning 35 in 2006. Below is a list of organizations, institutions, and creations also celebrating their 35th revolution around the sun (I'm stealing this line from my parents...Hi Mom & Dad! Love you!)

Greenpeace
Doctors Without Borders
The Eagles
Project Gutenberg
Starbucks
IBM's 8-inch floppy disk, which it called a memory disk
Border's Books & Music (Ann Arbor, MI)
Erykah Badu, Mary J. Blige, and Missy Elliott (hey, kids born in '71 have it goin' on, baby)
Southwest Airlines
United Arab Emirates

NASDAQ the world's first electronic stock market
UNO (the card game)
The baby jayhawk, who is also female, was hatched (just like me) in Oct. '71

Rock Chalk, Baby 'Hawks!

3 Comments:

Blogger scott said...

Ooh, a CNN invite! That's pretty cool. Pretty cool about the similar birthdays, except for the eagles. ;)

1:13 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

What a busy month!! Exciting too. :-D And the Eagles are too cool! Hotel California is still one of the highest grossing albums, oddly enough...

Oh, and Happy Birthday!! It's coming up soon, isn't it? Might have to bake some cookies... and try not to eat them all before I bring them into work... :-p

4:39 PM  
Blogger Degolar said...

It may only be by a month, but that's one more person I know I'm officially younger than. Doesn't seem to happen very often anymore. :-) Have an excellent celebration.

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home